Rit DyeMore Synthetic
$10.00 USD + shipping
Rit Dyemore Synthetics dye is made for fabrics such as polyester and nylon -BUT- it also works for dyeing synthetic wigs! This dye method requires heat to activate, which will remove curls and require some straightening with a flat iron afterwards or re-curling/styling of your wig.
- Grab the PDF for basic fabric dyeing instructions for RIT Dyemore here!
- If this is your first time dying a wig, start with a Pure White, Silver or other light coloured wig depending on your preference. Be sure to purchase additional Colour Samples swatches in the same colour for testing. Remember, synthetic wigs are not like real hair, you cannot go from a darker colour to a lighter one!
- Following the instructions on the Rit bottle, bring water to boil in a large pot and mix in the dye.
- To achieve the perfect colour test out various dye colours and times using your Colour Samples before dying your wig. These dyes can work pretty quickly, so you'll want to use less dye for lighter results.
- Get your wig wet before carefully placing it in the simmering dye pot.
- The longer you leave the wig in the dye bath, the darker and more vibrant the colour will become! For lighter tints, use a smaller portion of dye.
- Yes, you can mix the dye liquids to get exactly the colour you want! Alternatively, you can also experiment with a base wig colour other than white or silver. We've had some fantastic results using this method.
Some dyes look different before they are mixed with water. For TAN dyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybv7AFnIMGg